Dry hair , lifeless, dull and brittle not want to have hair like this, and if you do not take it serious then dandruff and hair loss will also become your next problem.
Many factors such as water rich in chlorine, using styling tools, harsh shampoos, and dry climate take away natural oil from your hair and thus your scalp will lose moisture.
But if you take care of your hair conditioning and deep moisturizing can take you out of this condition and bring back the life and shine back to your hair. And when you want to treat your hair natural remedies like honey for dry hair plays an important role having no side effects, many commercial products are not only expensive but have side effects.
Is Honey Useful for Dry Hair?
- honey is a natural humectant, it attracts moisture from the environment into the scalp. A defensive layer is formed on the scalp which helps the scalp shafts to retain the moisture.
- As an emollient honey moisturizes the dry scalp and make it lustrous and soft.
- The nutrients and enzymes in honey give nourishment to the scalp follicles & help to rejuvenate dull, damaged and dull scalp.
- Honey is rich in antioxidants which protect the scalp from damage by sun, dry air and pollution which plays main role in drying your hair.
How to Use Honey for Dry Hair?
1. Honey Pack for hair
A quite simple combination of water and organic raw honey is good enough to deal with dry, brittle and rough scalp.
- Take raw organic honey 1/4th cup in a bowl.
- Add water 2 – 3 teaspoon to this and use a spoon to stir it to thins out the compactness of the honey.
- Apply the mixture to the wet scalp and hair thoroughly. Tie up the scalp in a bun.
- Wait for 30 to 40 minutes and wash your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Using warm water wash the scalp and hair thoroughly after waiting for 30 – 40 minutes.
- It is optional and up to you if you want to shampoo your scalp after washing.
- Let try this remedy for a couple of week every next day.
2. Honey and Egg Mask for damaged hair
Eggs are rich in protein that helps to to strengthen the scalp follicles and prevent from breakage. vitamin in egg yolk also enhances the sebum production in hair and helps in keeping the scalp well moisturized. To prevent moisture loss healthy fatty-acids found in egg form a protective layer around the scalp strand.
- Take an egg and break in a bowl and use a fork to whisk it.
- Add honey 1 teaspoon to it and mix using a spoon mix thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture all over the damp hair and cover with a shower cap.
- Wait for 60 minutes and then using cold water wash thoroughly followed by a mild-shampoo.
- Follow this remedy for a month 2 – 3 times every week.
3. Honey and Banana Pack for dry hair
Ripe banana have a lot of mineral potassium that rejuvenates, rehydrates, and mothe isturizes dry hair. The natural oil present in banana form a layer of protection over the scalp stands which is helpful in retaining the moisture within the scalp and hair.
- Mash an over ripe banana and by using a fork mash it.
- Add honey 1 teaspoon to it and thoroughly mix.
- Apply the mixture evenly to the wet scalp and hair and cover with a shower cap.
- Wait for 60 minutes then rinse your scalp and hair with water followed by a mild-shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy for a couple of week 3 – 4 times a week.
4. Honey and Milk Pack for dry scalp
Full fat milk is rich source of healthy fats and proteins that work similar to a conditioner and lubricates the scalp and hair and forms a layer of protection over the hair strands and it shut the open hair cuticles which in turn minimize the frizziness of scalp and hair.
- Take honey 2 teaspoon and full fat milk 2 teaspoon in a bowl.
- By using a spoon mix it thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture all over the wet scalp and hair and tie the scalp and hair in a bun.
- Wait for 60 minutes then rinse with water your scalp and hair thoroughly followed by a mild-shampoo.
- Follow this remedy for few weeks once every other day.
5. (Honey and Yogurt Mask)
Yogurt is rich in proteins it supply nourishment to your scalp and hair follicles and help to rejuvenate and strengthen damaged and dry hair. Yogurt has anti fungal properties which are helpful in getting rid of dandruff.
- Take fresh yogurt 2 teaspoon in a bowl and use a fork to whisk it.
- Add honey 1 teaspoon to it and use spoon to mix it.
- Apply the mixture all over your wet scalp and hair.
- Cover with a shower cap and let it to sit for 60 minutes.
- Using water wash thoroughly your hair followed by a mild-shampoo.
- Follow this remedy for a couple of week 2 – 3 times in a week.
6. (Honey and Lemon Pack)
Vitamin C present in lemon juice not only strengthen the hair strands and hair follicles but also softens the coarse and rough texture of scalp and hair. Lemon juice also promote the circulation of blood to the hair and scalp which in turn maximize the supply of oxygen to the roots of hair.
- Take honey 2 teaspoon in a bowl.
- Take out juice from one lemon and add to it mix it using a spoon.
- Apply the mixture all over the hair and scalp. Massage the hair and scalp gently for five minutes.
- Leave it for another 20 – 30 minutes & wash the hair and scalp with water thoroughly.
- It is optional if you want to shampoo your hair after this.
- Follow this pack for a month 3 – 4 times weekly.
7. (Honey and Coconut Milk Pack)
The coconut milk moisturizing properties are wonderful it helps to soften and condition the damage and dry hair. For parched scalp it acts as nourishing tonic. To prevent breakage the hair follicles are strengthen by mineral magnesium found in coconut oil in high level.
- Take a coconut and by using a coconut grater grate its flash.
- Take some warm water and sprinkle over this grated coconut wrap in a piece of cheese-cloth.
- Squeeze the grated coconut in cheesecloth to extract the milk from it.
- Combine coconut milk 1/2 cup and honey 1 teaspoon.
- Use a spoon to mix it and apply the mixture all over the wet scalp and hair.
- Leave it to sit for 60 minutes and the use water to wash followed by a mild-shampoo.
- Follow this pack for a month 3 – 4 times every week.
8. (Honey and Olive Oil Pack)
Vitamin E is found in olive oil it repair the dry and damaged hair stands by open cuticles sealing. To retain moisture and keratin in hair vitamin A found in olive oil helps.
- Take 2 teaspoons each of extra honey and virgin olive oil in a bowl.
- By using a spoon mix it thoroughly .
- Apply the mixture all over the wet scalp and hair and cover with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 60 minutes and then use water to wash the scalp and hair followed by a mild-shampoo.
- Follow this remedy for few weeks 3 – 4 times a week.
9. (Honey and Mayonnaise Mask)
Packed with the good-ness of egg-yolk mayonnaise, amino acids and protein that nourish and moisturize the scalp and hair. It also strengthens your scalp and hair from roots.
- Take mayonnaise 2 teaspoon in a bowl.
- Add honey 1 teaspoon to it and by use of a spoon mix it.
- Apply the mixture evenly all over the scalp and hair.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave it for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Use water to wash your scalp and hair thoroughly followed by a mild-shampoo.
- Follow this remedy for one month two times a week.
10. (Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar Pack)
Apple cider vinegar has natural acids it works as a natural conditioner that softens dry and rough hair. It also makes the scalp and hair more manageable & adds a very attractive shine to hair.
- Add apple cider vinegar 8 to 10 teaspoons into honey 1/4th cup.
- Use a spoon to mix thoroughly the ingredients and apply it all over the damp hair and scalp.
- Cover with a shower cap and then wait for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Use water to rinse your scalp and hair followed by a mild-shampoo.
- Follow the remedy until the results are noticeable 3 – 4 times in a week.
Tips and Precautions:
- Raw organic honey is best for your hair packs as it does not contain any extra ingredients.
- Be careful when applying honey as it lighten the color of your hair. Exposing your hair to immediately after honey pack application to direct sunlight is not good because it can bleach your scalp and hair.
- Wet your scalp and hair using water before applying these packs. It will be more easy packs spreading over the scalp and hair when it is wet.
- Immediately rinse the hair with water after using of honey packs. Because the traces of honey left on the scalp can clog the pores.
- Natural oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, and almond oil massage 2 – 3 times a week is good.
- Using a mild organic shampoo must be a good choice.
- Remember after shampooing to apply conditioner to your scalp and hair.
- Use normal or cold water wash your hair. Using hot water will makes the scalp and hair even more dryer.
- Minimize the use of heated styling-tools & blow driers .
- Use less frequently hair care products that are rich in chemicals & avoid to color the hair.
Try the above remedies to use honey for dry hair and share with us if these remedies were helpful in comments below for others to benefit.