When the (LES) lower esophageal_sphincter doesn’t contract properly, and it allows gastric_acids to flow back upward to the esophagus from your stomach, causing sensation of burning in the throat and chest. This problem is known as heartburn or acid reflux. other of its symptoms include gas, burping, bloating and un-pleasant taste in your mouth. The causes of acid reflux are over-eating, smoking, stress, poor diet and lack of sleep, among other factors.
There are a lot of antacids available in the market, but they have short term effects and these medicines have too many side effects as well. While honey is an effective, affordable and natural way to get relief from heart burn for good.
Does Honey Helps to Treat Acid Reflux?
- Honey relieves the irritation of throat by soothing your internal_esophagus tract corroded.
- Honey contains enzymes, amino acids, minerals and vitamins that are necessary for proper digestion.
- It’s an anti bacterial which prevents growing of bacteria in your digestive tract.
- It’s anti_inflammatory property relieves inflammation and pain in the chest and throat.
- Honey heals and soothes damaged tissues.
- Honey coats your esophagus & stomach, preventing from stomach_acids irritation .
- Potassium found in honey, neutralizes the stomach acids.
- It stimulates the contraction of LES, thus preventing acid_reflux.
- It helps in healing damaged tissues of LES.
How to Use Honey to Treat Acid Reflux
- Mix one teaspoon of organic, raw honey in one glass lukewarm water.
- Drink one hour before you take meals.
- Or you can Eat honey alone on waffles, toast, or pancakes, or mix into one glass of herbal tea, organic fruit_juice, hot water, or smoothies.
- Consume every day one hour before every meal , and just before bed every night.
- Note: After using honey wait for 20 minutes before eating anything to get best results.
2. Honey and Cinnamon
Cinnamon stimulates digestive_enzymes & strengthens the digestive_system.
- Boil water two cups & stir in cinnamon one teaspoon.
- Reduce flame and simmer it for five minutes.
- Remove from flame & stir in honey one teaspoon.
- Drink it daily.
- Or you can mix cinnamon powder 3/4th tsp and honey 1 tbsp.
- Consume this after meals for digesting even heavy_meals.
- Or you can bake fresh pumpkin and apple slices & coat it with cinnamon powder and honey. Consume to get rid from heartburn.
3. Ginger Tea and Honey
Ginger kills heartburn causing bacteria and promotes proper_digestion.
- Boil water one cup & stir in peeled minced ginger_root one teaspoon.
- Reduce flame and simmer five minutes.
- Now remove from flame & stir in honey one teaspoon.
- Drink it regularly.
- Note: you can drink the ginger_chunks along with the tea or strain them out.
- Mix ginger (slices, grated, pieces) one tablespoon and lemon juice freshly squeezed one tablespoon with organic honey two tablespoons.
- Mix in warm water 8 ounce.
- Drink this mixture when-ever you get indigestion problem or acid reflux.
4. Chamomile Tea with Honey
Chamomile helps in neutralizing digestive_acids soothe burning_sensations. Use a store_bought tea bag for brewing chamomile tea & stir in honey one teaspoon. Drink 3 times per day.
5. Yogurt with Honey
Yogurt restores the bad and good bacteria balance in the digestive_system, promotes proper_digestion and removes toxins. stir honey one teaspoon into six ounces of low_fat, plain Greek_yogurt. Consume after every meal to get proper digestion.
6. Clove with Honey
Clove is helpful in promoting proper digestion.
- Mix honey one teaspoon with clove powder a pinch.
- Stir this mixture into warm water one cup and then drink.
- Drink when you feel any symptoms of heart burn and after meal.
7. Lemon with Honey
Lemon kills the acid reflux causing bacteria and also neutralizes the stomach acids.
- Mix lemon juice freshly-squeezed two teaspoons and honey one teaspoon into warm water one glass.
- Drink this on empty stomach early morning or at least 60 minutes before meal.
- Drink this regularly to get rid from acid reflux.
- Also you can use lemon zest two teaspoon.
- Take a lemon refrigerate it for overnight. Grate it the following morning with cheese grate.
- Now add 1½ tablespoon of unprocessed, organic, raw honey and warm water one glass.
- To get rid from acid reflux drink half hour before breakfast.
8. Apple CiderVinegar with Honey
Apple cider vinegar is helpful in restoring digestive system acid_alkaline balance.
- Take apple cider vinegar and honey two tablespoon each and mix them, now stir into water one cup.
- Drink this mixture when heartburn symptoms appear.
9. Baking Soda with Honey
Baking soda helps in neutralizing stomach acids also act as antacid to prevent acid reflux.
- Mix honey and baking soda one teaspoon each into warm water one cup until dissolved completely.
- Stir it nicely to completely dissolve the baking soda in water.
- Drink this mixture for getting relief from indigestion and acid reflux.
10. Green Tea with Honey
Green tea is helpful in proper digestion promotion. Brew green tea (organic) one cup, stir in honey one teaspoon and drink when you feel symptoms of acid reflux.
11. Peanut Butter with Manuka Honey
Manuka is the highest quality honey available. It contains more beneficial nutrients than any other kind. Peanut butter just happens to taste really good with it. Mix 1 teaspoon each of Manuka honey and peanut butter and eat it.
Manuka honey is the best quality of honey available. compare to other kinds it have more beneficial_nutrients. Peanut butter taste very nice with it. Take Manuka honey one teaspoon and mix with peanut butter now eat this tasty mixture.
12. Warm Milk with Honey
Warm milk, it soothes the digestive tract and esophagus.
- Stir in honey one teaspoon in fat free or low fat warm milk one cup.
- Drink this for acid reflux symptoms to be reduced.
- Regularly drink it.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda with Honey
- Mix one teaspoon each of honey, apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
- Stir this mixture into warm water 16 ounces.
- Drink when you notice heartburn symptoms or before meal.
Precautions and Tips:
- Always use organic, raw honey, Manuka is preferred. Pasteurization strips most of the nutrients which make it such an effective treatment for heartburn.
- Instead of micro-waving honey, take hot water in a pot and place honey bottle in it for restoring viscosity.
- Honey raises the level of blood sugar. The patients of diabetes must use with caution.
- Those who are allergic to pollen or bees can avoid the use of honey for acid reflux treatment.
- We do not advise administering honey to children and babies under the age of two.
- Manuka honey is a natural antibiotic, and does not have any side effects and doesn’t interact with any_known medications.
- Before starting honey treatment regularly consult the doctor.
- Healthy diet and regular exercise will increase the honey treatment effects.
Have you tried to treat acid reflux with organic, raw honey? Do you know of any methods we did not mentioned? Share your experience with us!