Smallpox chicken scars are referred to as unsightly marks that have left by the chickenpox viral infection that is caused by varicella zoster virus. This infection can lead to blisters filled with itchy liquid on the skin. These blisters will eventually burst and form the crust (scab) that leaves scars on the skin. But remember that once these chickenpox scars are formed, it is quite difficult to remove and therefore the chickenpox victim does not have to scratch particularly when the infection is in crusted state. If you can not resist scratches at any time, then you get some scars on your skin. In these days, there is a host of medical procedures like dermabrasion, laser treatment, micro-dermabrasion, facial photo, excision, etc. which helps to remove ugly chicken marks from the skin. But you can easily remove these scars / chicken pox marks with these natural remedies.
Home Remedies for Chickenpox Scars:
There are several natural remedies that can help you deal with unsightly scar tissue. Try these regularly to avoid chickenpox scars
1. Baking soda:
Baking soda has alkaline nature and it also balances the skin’s pH levels. This soothes the itching and irritation which also makes it a great cure to prevent you from scratching the scabs and this, in turn helps you to not have the scars first (if it is used when you are suffering from chickenpox ). Even though if you get the scars then cooking also soda helps get rid of scars with its natural exfoliating properties.
- Baking soda – 2 tablespoons
- Take the baking soda and add a trickle of water to it
- Mix well and apply this paste on the scar affected area of the skin
- Scrub gently rubbing the area for 2 – 3 minutes
- Let it dry completely and wash with water
- Repeat this washing process to clear the chicken pox scars and also to lighten your skin by removing dead skin cells.
2. The coconut water:
Coconut water is considered a treasure of nutrients that includes vitamins, minerals and a host of trace elements. It contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus and sodium along with other trace elements that help strengthen the immune system and works well for skin-functioning healing, such as scars, wounds, wrinkles, moisturizer, etc. The lauric acid and cytokines that are present in this water will go beautifully for the skin. Cytokines help regulate cell growth and a balance between pH skin levels by maintaining connective tissue. This water also has anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties that help clean the skin of bacteria, dust and other harmful toxins and soothes for relief of itching and irritation. With all these properties, coconut oil is considered an effective home remedy for chicken pox scarring by relieving scars and pits that get chickenpox.
Here are some methods explained to use coconut water for chickenpox scars
Method – 1:
- Coconut water
- Cotton ball
- Take some coconut water and apply this on the scars directly
- Or you can use a cotton ball to apply this water on the marks
- Or you can simply pour on your skin where scars have appeared
- Be sure to start this process right after the chicken pox infection has completely healed, but not after a long time to heal the scars.
- Repeat these processes several times a day to get rid of chickenpox scars.
Method – 2:
- Coconut water
- Take 2 glasses of coconut water and add it to your bath water
- Stir well and take a bath with this water to get rid of the problem
- Have this bath regularly to clear the chicken pox scars completely.
- Or you can drink a glass of coconut water every day.
- But be sure to consult your doctor before consuming this coconut water if you are suffering from lowering blood pressure as it causes lowering of blood pressure.
3. Lemon juice:
Generally no scars or marks are formed on the skin during healing of damaged skin or tissue. To repair damaged skin or tissue, your body will release the protein called collagen. Collagen keeps the skin strong, supple and elastic.Lemon juice has vitamin C which contributes to the production of collagen. Also lemon juice is a citrus fruit that contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) that is able to heal the skin. This juice is also has natural bleach or natural skin whitening which helps to lighten scars especially chicken pox marks. Be sure to apply sunscreen before going out in direct sunlight as this causes photosensitivity of the skin.
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Cotton ball
- Take the lemon juice in a small bowl
- Then take a cotton ball and dip it in the juice
- Dab on the scar affected area of the skin
- Let stand for about 8 – 10 minutes and rinse with water.
- Remember that if you have sensitive skin then have to dilute the lemon juice with water and then apply this on the scars.
- Regular application of this lemon juice on scars will certainly scars disappear, but make it more irritable when you go out in the sun. So, it is always better to apply this at the time of the night rather than day.
Oats moisturize the skin and accelerate the healing process of scars and ultimately make it lighter. Oatmeal moisturizes the skin and reduce redness while gently exfoliating skin discoloration. So oats is considered one of the best remedies for treating scars that form as a chickenpox remedy.
Method – 1:
- Raw oatmeal flour – 1 cup
- Hot water – 2 cups
- Take raw flour from the oats and add it to the hot water
- Mix well do it like a paste and wait a few minutes to cool
- Then apply this paste on the scars and rub gently for a few minutes
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse with water
- Regular application of this oat paste will help to relieve chickenpox scars.
Method – 2:
- Oatmeal powder
- Lemon juice
- Cold water
- Take oatmeal powder and yogurt in a bowl
- Mix well to obtain a pasty consistency
- Then add a few drops of lemon juice to her
- Stir and apply this from the scar of the affected skin
- Allow him to get dry, then wash in cold water
- Repeat this process for more effective results to fade scars.
Method – 3:
- Raw oats
- Take some water and wet the area where your scars are there on the skin
- Then take the oats and rub this on the wet skin for 2 – 3 minutes
- This process removes dead skin cells and clears scars.
- Follow this washing process 3 – 4 times a week to complete getting rid of the scars.
Method – 4:
- Oatmeal – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 drops
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lukewarm water
- Take some water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then add the oatmeal in it
- Add the lemon juice and stir occasionally until it becomes a thick paste
- Let it cool for a few minutes, then add the cinnamon powder to it
- Apply this on the scars affected area of the skin and leave it for about 20 – 30 minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water and repeat this every day to remove the chicken pox scars.
5. Vitamin E:
Vitamin E has anti-oxidants that help support skin cells by repairing the damage that has been done to it in any form. These antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals, bacteria, dirt and other environmental hazards that damage skin cells and collagen production. This helps moisturize the skin which in turn fades marks on it. Generally this vitamin E oils are available in the form of capsules and you must pierce and apply this on the skin to rejuvenate them. Or it is better to use vitamin E that comes from natural food items like almonds, spinach, papaya, avocado, etc. You can include these foods in your daily diet or you can apply some of these natural vitamin E containing ingredients to your damaged skin to get rid of scars. Such a remedy is the following.
Method – 1:
- Mature avocado – 1
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Take a ripe avocado and crush to get its dough and place it in a bowl
- Then add the apple cider vinegar and honey to it and mix well
- Apply this paste on the scars and leave it for about 15 – 20 minutes
- Wash with water and apply it regularly to prevent chickenpox scars.
Method – 2:
- Vitamin E oil capsules
- Buy vitamin E oil capsules from the counter
- Massage this oil directly into the skin for a few minutes
- This massage technique will help increase circulation in the area, which in turn will stimulate the healing process while allowing the scar tissue to feel soft and normal.
- Have this massage treatment twice a day, but make sure that the oil should be spread evenly over any areas where chickenpox scars.
Honey has plenty of natural nutrients that rejuvenate the skin. It is a good moisturizer and has whitening properties that lighten scars. It promotes regeneration of the skin where you suffer from scarring by providing all the essential nutrients that are needed for the skin. It works with osmotic effect where it draws nutrients and blood to scars by removing dead skin cells and promotes rapid healing of the wound or scarring.
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Oats – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Take the oats and add it to the water and crush it to make it soft and thick
- Then add the honey and mix to make it like a paste
- Apply this on the area of the affected scar and let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes
- Wash the water and then reapply regularly until you completely fade the chicken pox scars.
- Or simply rub the honey on the affected part of the skin and leave it like that to get rid of the scars.
- But make sure you do not scratch the surface of your skin while you are doing this remedy.
The papaya contains an enzyme called papain that helps remove dead skin cells and clears dry skin layers by exfoliating the skin. It has a low sodium content and has moisturizing properties that keep the skin hydrated for longer. It also has a rich source of vitamin C which in turn aids in the production of collagen to repair damaged skin cells and tissues. All this made the papaya, a beneficial fruit that erases scars and other marks
- Fresh pieces of papaya – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 5 tablespoons
- Fresh milk – 5 tablespoons
- Sweet soap
- Take pieces of papaya and crush it to get the shape of the dough
- Then take the brown sugar and add the milk and stir well to blend properly
- Now add this paste of papaya puree to the milk – the sugar mixture and mix them well to get a good solution
- Wash the affected scars from the body using mild soap and water.
- Apply this papaya scrub on the scars and gently massage for a few minutes
- Let it sit for about 15 – 25 minutes, then wash with water
- Regularize this process to achieve complete relief of chickenpox scars.
Method – 2: (papaya and honey)
- Papaya – small piece
- Take a small piece of papaya and crush it to make it like a paste
- Then add the honey to it and mix well
- Apply this on the left on chickenpox scars on the body
- Leave it until it dries completely and reapply regularly to get rid of the scars completely.
- In this process, both papaya and honey provides the sufficient amount of amino acids and enzymes that help get rid of unwanted scar tissue from the skin. This also promotes healthy and luminous skin naturally.
8. coconut oil:
Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that help speed the healing process of wounds or other skin problems. These fatty acids stimulate the production of collagen and also hydrate the skin to get rid of scars.Coconut oil helps a lot to form new blood vessels at a faster rate that in turn helps to make the skin free of scars or marks.
- Coconut oil
- Take extra virgin coconut oil in your hands
- Apply this on the scars by massaging gently
- This massage helps the oil penetrate the skin
- Leave it like this and continue doing your regular work
- Repeat this application of coconut oil for 3-4 times a day on a daily basis to get rid of chicken pox scars soon.
9. Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe vera is still considered the miraculous herb with its excellent soothing, moisturizing and healing properties. The aloe vera gel has plenty of anti-oxidants and anti-microbial properties that help with skin healing wounds, allergies and other infections like chickenpox. This anti-inflammatory property also contains help to get rid of itching, redness and irritation that due to skin wounds and helps remove dead skin cells too. Aloe vera gel penetrates deep into the skin so that it hydrates the skin effectively. It also helps to increase collagen production that makes your skin heal faster and reduces scars or marks.
- Aloe vera gel
- Take aloe vera leaf and cut both edges
- Squeeze the leaf to extract the gel from it and apply this gel on the scars of the affected skin
- Rub gently on the skin for a couple of minutes and let it dry
- Leave it like this because it will not cause any problem, but wash it with water if you feel a little sticky on the skin or leave it off.
- Continue doing this for 3 – 4 times a day until you clear the chicken pox scars. (This also clears other scars / marks on the skin).
10. Cocoa butter:
Cocoa butter is a highly concentrated fat that has been extracted from cocoa beans and this butter is widely used to treat various scars with its excellent moisturizer and emollients. This butter penetrates deep into the dermis layer of the skin and helps retain moisture for a longer period of time. It smooths the scar and its surrounding skin so that the marks will become less visible. As we all know that a well-hydrated skin is the first and the best condition for the growth of new healthy skin tissue and this cocoa butter will moisturize and keep it hydrated. So, it is still considered a better remedy for lightening scars especially chickenpox scars.
- Cocoa butter
- Take some cocoa butter in your hands
- Apply this on the affected part of the skin scar
- Rub in a circular motion for a few minutes until the butter is completely absorbed by the skin
- Leave it like that, without washing it with water
- For more effective scarring compensation results, you should repeat this process 3 – 4 times a day for 2 – 3 weeks.
11. Lavender oil:
Lavender essential oil has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties that help heal wounds and other skin infections quickly. This oil is most beneficial when applied to the stage of chickenpox crusts. So when you apply this lavender oil on the affected part of the skin then it improves the formation of scar tissue. Even so, this lavender essential oil is sure to apply undiluted, but it’s always best to dilute this essential oil with an oil carrier and apply this on the skin.
- Lavender essential oil – 1 to 2 drops (1 drop for children and 2 drops for adults)
- Carrier Oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons (1 tablespoon for adults and 2 tablespoons for children)
- Take lavender oil and add it to any oil carrier such as olive oil or coconut oil or almond oil
- Stir well and apply this on chickenpox marks
- Repeat this application 2 – 3 times a day until you get complete relief from chicken pox scars.
Sandalwood has the ability to heal scars. This allows not only used in cosmetics, but also used to treat wounds by healing them properly. Regular use of this sandalwood will help soothe irritated skin and erase chickenpox scars.
Method – 1:
- Honey (or) rose water
- Take sandalwood powder and add honey or rose water to it
- Stir well as a paste and apply this on the skin affected by chicken pox scars.
- Do this process regularly to get complete relief from chicken pox scars.
Method – 2:
- Sandalwood oil
- Take sandalwood oil and apply this on the affected skin area scars
- Massage gently for a few minutes and leave like this
- Regular application of this oil will help to get rid of chickenpox scars.
Method – 3:
- Sandalwood oil
- Oil carrier
- Cotton ball
- Take sandalwood oil and add the carrier oil as (sweet almond oil or grape seed oil) for him
- Mix them with a spoon and apply this oil mixed with the cotton ball on the affected skin area where you have got chickenpox eruptions.
- Continue this petroleum demand a day until the crusts and heal fall off and finally minimize the scars.
Method – 4:
- Sandalwood oil – a few drops
- Lime juice – 1 teaspoon
- Fuller’s earth
- Rose water
- Cold water
- Take fuller’s earth, water, lemon juice and pink sandalwood oil
- Mix well do it like a paste
- Apply this paste on imperfections and stains and let stand for 15 – 20 minutes to get completely dry.
- Wash in cold water and repeat regularly to get some relief from chickenpox scars.
13. Mixture of essential oils:
Aromatherapy usually uses a variety of oils to treat various skin conditions. For varicella scars, aromatherapy uses a blend of essential oils with witch hazel to speed up the healing process and treat scars on the skin. Here’s the way how to use these essential oils to clear chicken pox scars very effectively.
- Tea tree oil – 6 drops
- Lavender oil – 10 drops
- Chamomile oil – 10 drops
- Bergamot oil – 10 drops (or) of eucalyptus oil – 5 drops
- Hamamelis – 50 ml (or 10 teaspoons)
- Distilled water – 50 ml (10 teaspoons)
- Glass bottle
- Take a glass bottle and pour all the oils in it
- Then add witch hazel and water in it and mix well
- Keep this safe and whenever you want to apply this on the affected chicken pox skin then apply this by shaking well
- It is best to start applying this oil mixture in the later stages of chickenpox infection, so that it will speed up the healing process and reduce the possibility of blister scarring.
- But remember if you are allergic to any of these oils, then just leave the remaining oils one and use to make the mixture. But do not increase or decrease the other amount of oils.
- If you use the essential oil of bergamot in this mixture, then you must avoid the sun for at least 12 hours applying this mixture or it will cause sunburn. Or simply replace this bergamot oil with eucalyptus oil.
- Apply this oil mixture for about 1 – 2 times a day until you fade the chicken pox scars completely.
14. Salve Calendula:
Calendula balms (marigold pot) will not only be a pleasure for the eyes but also for the skin. This calendula herb contains anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that have the ability to heal wounds on the skin faster. Other than that, there is a safe herb that you can use on the child’s skin. This stimulates the production of collagen to clear wounds (chicken pox) and minimizes the risk of scarring. Calendula is also used in ointments to treat many skin conditions such as amenorrhea, fevers, cuts, conjunctivitis, bruising, scrapes, burns and also for minor skin infections. Let’s see this simple recipe of calendula ointment and use it to clear scars / marks
- Dried calendula flowers – 2 cups
- Beeswax – 2 ½ cups
- Coconut oil – 3 cups
- All the essential oil – 10 drops
- Deep-bottom saucepan (or) in a bain-marie (or) slow cooker
- Stamen (or) wire mesh strainer (or) coffee filter
- Glass jar
- Take calendula flowers, coconut oil and beeswax and add this one by one in a bain-marie (if you use it)
- Simmer for about 1 ½ hours, then add the essential oils (such as galbanum, lavender or neroli) for him
- Then drain it using coffee filter or strainer wire and pour the tense thing into a glass jar.
- Cool completely before applying this on the skin
- Or if you use the little nutty then place the oil and calendula coconut flowers in it
- Heat this over low heat for about 3 hours, then drain it with gauze
- Pour this strained oil into a heavy saucepan and turn on the low-flame heat
- Now add beeswax and stir occasionally until it melts completed
- Then turn off the heat and add the essential oil.
- Keep this in a jar or airtight container and let it cool before covering it with a lid or applying the present from the scar of the affected skin.
- Remember to use less amount of essential oil while preparing this calendula ointment for children and use the same amounts for adults and apply this ointment regularly twice a day to get rid of chickenpox scars.
15. Homemade scar removal cream:
From the natural remedies mentioned above such as lemon, vitamin E, cocoa butter and coconut oil, you have come to know all the beneficial properties of these remedies (as I mentioned above). These ingredients will work well to keep the skin hydrated and also promotes faster healing of wounds as well as the production of collagen in the skin. So, when any of these remedies will help ease the scars, then what will the result be when all of these remedies are combined to make a scar removal cream at your home? This scar removal cream works effectively on removing scars and even people who have dry skin also use this cream because it makes the skin soft and moisturized. Here is the recipe for making this scar removal cream.
- Coconut oil – 12 tablespoons
- Vitamin E oil – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon essential oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cocoa butter – 1/2 cup
- Take coconut oil and cocoa butter and place it on the pan.
- Put the pan on the stove on low heat and let heat to melt
- Once it melts properly then turn off the heat and remove the pan from the heat.
- Then add vitamin E and lemon essential oil to this melted mix
- Leave to cool until it becomes solid and store it in an airtight container
- Apply this cream on the scars and leave it like that without disturbing this applied area.
- Regularly apply this scar removal cream on your scars for about 3 – 4 times a day until you have cleared all the chicken pox scars on the body.
- Remember that you can increase or decrease the amount of each ingredient depending on your condition, but make sure to maintain the same ratio (proportion) of each ingredient.
Follow these simple tips to get rid of scars and make your skin look better and younger.
- Provides vitamin K rich foods such as liver, dairy products, green turnips, broccoli, spinach, lean meat, cabbage, tomatoes, etc., which helps protect and heal the skin to reduce the appearance of scars chickenpox.
- Avoiding scars is the best way and it is not to scratch the rash when you have chicken pox.
- Always consult a doctor before using these remedies including helping to treat for children.
- Drink as much water as possible to get your skin hydrated and have a faster healing. Drinking more water will always be useful for treating many health and beauty issues.
- Consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet will perfectly helps to erase the scars / marks particular chickenpox scars.
- Take the raw garlic and rub it on the daily spots to clear the scars. The chemicals in garlic help to remove scars and this rejuvenates the skin.
- Changing your diet will certainly help you to fade the scars completely. Always eat a healthy food that benefits your skin like whole wheat, pasta and bread because they contain anti-oxidants, broccoli because it is rich in vitamin E and C, almonds for its vitamin E content and others beneficial properties for skin, tropical fruits that are rich in vitamin C.
- Cut your nails regularly to avoid scratching crusts and also include some margosa leaves in your bath water to reduce itching and avoid messing up and scarring.
- Rub nectar on chicken pox scars affected part of the skin and let it dry completely, but make sure not to under skin while performing this remedy.
- Avoid touching scars / marks with dirty hands. Wash your hands before and after applying each remedy. Never attempt to scratch as it causes more effect on the skin.
- Take some margosa leaves on the ground and add the turmeric powder and apply this on the scars to make them disappear.
- Avoid drinking sugary drinks and sugars in your diet take place juices and fresh fruit fruits at this place.
- Take the black ripe seeds from the Gulbaaz plant and cut the seeds to remove the white part. Then take a white part to make it like paste by mixing it with water. Apply this on the scars and wait until it dries completely and then wash the water and wipe to dry the skin. Use this process as days to remove scars.
- Regular application of pudina (mint) of leaf or oil juice helps to get relief from blemishes and blemishes.
This is all about home remedies for chicken pox scars. Follow these tips and natural remedies that clears scars at home. But be sure to consult the dermatologist if you do not find any relief in clearing varicella scars or marks because there are many treatments like micro-dermabrasion, facial photo, excision, dermabrasion, hair removal laser, etc.
Please share your experience with us after trying these remedies to clear your scars or if you know of other effective remedies.