The causes of diarrhea includes bacterial and viral infections, using contaminated food, many antibiotics, lack of enzyme which help to digest lactose found in sugar, milk and many dairy products, and digestive disorder. The main symptoms are watery or loose stools, feeling of pain or cramps in abdomen, fever , bloating and nausea. usually diarrhea lasts for a couple of days.
Instead of using most commercial products you can treat diarrhea effectively with cost effective natural substaces. Ginger is one of the best natural substance, which you can use for many problems including diarrhea as home remedy. Below we will discuss in detail that how to use it and why it works.
Is Ginger Good for Diarrhea cure?
- Active compounds such as shogaol and gingerol are present in ginger which help in reducing pain and inflammation.
- Enzymes provided by ginger are good for gastric juice release and it play a main role in proper food digestion.
- By using ginger regularly will slow down the peristaltic movement of bowels, which will allow the normal moment of waste through distive system.
- To reduce food stagnation we need strong digestive organs and Ginger has the ability to do this.
- To protect the digestive system against the germs that cause diarrhea, ginger deoxifies it.
- It is also helpful in reducing the spams form fermented material and stomach gases as well.
How to Use Ginger to Treat Diarrhea problem:
For proper digestion we can use ginger alone or we can combine it with some other natural substances. Keep trying the remedies below and choose the one that best suits you and worked for you.
1. (Ginger) for diarrhea cure
- Wash properly a piece of ginger root and peel it.
- Cut it into small pieces and then chew and swallow this chunk of ginger two times a day.
- Also keep using ginger regularly in your baking and cooking to get the benefits in it.
- Add to your tea, water, and smoothies the fresh organic juice extracted from ginger.
- Also to for diarrhea cure consume one teaspoon of ginger juice two times a day.
2. Use of (Ginger) with Honey
Honey kills infection causing bacteria and soothes irritated intestines.
- Take a fresh ginger piece peel and grate properly, now take one teaspoon raw honey and mix properly.
- Consume this mixture to improve your digestion system.
- Take care consuming the mixture not to drink any water immediately.
- Or take dry ginger powder 1 teaspoon, also take one teaspoon each of cumin powder, cinnamon powder and honey and make a fine paste of it.
- Comsume this paste on daily basis three times a day.
3. (Ginger) Tea
- Take a cup of water boil it then add and stir 1 teaspoon of properly peeled and grated ginger root.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and reduce the heat.
- Let it to steep for 10 minutes after removing from heat.
- Stir in one tablespoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey for added benefit.
- Drink this ginger tea daily.
- Note: you can use powdered ginger if you have problem in getting fresh ginger root. or use ginger tea bags available in most stores.
4. (Ginger) with Water and Salt
- Take one glass of water mix 2 teaspoon of powdered ginger add sea salt.
- Stir this well and drink daily to get rid of diarrhea problem.
5. (Ginger) with Lemon for diarrhea treatment
Lemon juice along with other benefits kills the germs that cause diarrhea.
- Take fresh root of ginger peel and grate and take 1 teaspoon.
- Blend this grated 1 teaspoon of ginger with 1 teaspoon water until it become smooth.
- Now take a pinch of black pepper and 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and mix this smooth ginger paste with it.
- Consume this two times a day until you get relief from diarrhea.
- Or you can mix 1/4 teaspoon of powdered pepper with 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Stir it well and consume this drink two times a day.
6. (Ginger) with Sugar for diarrhea
This mixture stimulates the gastro intestinal tract and makes the digestive system healthy.
- Crush ginger and make a paste with water.
- Or take powdered ginger 1 teaspoon mix with water and make a paste.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of unprocessed sugar with ginger paste.
- Consume this once a day.
7. (Ginger) Vinegar Salad Dressing
- Take and mix 1 tablespoon of tamari, raw sesame oil 4 tablespoons, grated ginger 1 teaspoon, rice vinegar 2 tablespoons, and one minced garlic clove to make dressing.
- Eat it one time a day on salad.
8. (Ginger) Juice with Mint Juice, and Honey
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of mint juice and honey with ½ teaspoon of ginger juice.
- Consume this mixture 3 times a day.
9. Powdered (Ginger) with Buttermilk
Buttermilk re-balance the digestive system because of good bacteria it contains and also re-hydrates the body.
- Mix 1 cup of buttermilk with ½ teaspoon of powdered ginger.
- Drinking this will help to relieve the diarrhea symptoms.
10. (Ginger) and Yogurt
- Peel a 3-inch ginger and mince it.
- Take plain Greek yogurt 6 ounces, a pinch of black salt and 10 chopped curry leaves mix with ginger and blend untill become smooth.
- Blend it in 3 cups of water.
- Drink it on daily basis.
11. (Ginger) with Carrots and Spinach
- Take 2 carrots peel and chop them.
- Take peeled and minced ginger root 2 teaspoons and two cups of spinach mix with carrots in a blender and make it smooth.
- Drink it daily for good outcomes.
12. (Ginger) with Beetroot and Jicama
- Take peeled and chopped ginger root 2 tablespoons, 1 chopped jicama and 1 peeled and chopped beetroot mix in a blender and make it smooth.
- Drink it daily to reap it benefits.
13. (Ginger) with Mango Juice
- Mix Fresh organic juice of manga with peeled and minced 1 teaspoon ginger.
- Drink on daily basis to cure of diarrhea.
14. (Ginger) Rice and Pomegranate
- Take 1 cup rice and cook it.
- Mix ginger paste ½ teaspoon and salt in it.
- Stir in fresh pomegranate-juice ½ cup.
- Eat it daily to soothe the inflamed intestinal walls.
15. Dry (Ginger) with Rock Salt and Jaggery
- Take jaggery ½ teaspoon, rock salt ½ teaspoon and powdered ginger ½ teaspoon and mix them nicely.
- Consume this mixture daily.
16. (Ginger), Orange Oils, and Lavender
- Take lavender oil 3 drops, ginger oil 3 drops, orange oil 3 drops and with a few drops of carrier oil.
- Massage it for 5 minutes into abdomen and leave it.
- Doing this daily will reduce indigestion, abdominal cramps and nausea.
17. Ground (Ginger) with Honey and Cinnamon
- Take honey 1 teaspoon, cinnamon 1 tablespoon and powered ginger ¼ teaspoon and mix them.
- Consume it will help to reduce diarrhea.
- You can use yogurt instead of honey.
- Or take cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon and (ground ginger) freshly grated ginger 1/2 teaspoon and mix in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it to steep for 30 minutes, and then drink it.
- Repeat and drink on daily basis.
18. (Ginger) Bath
Ginger bath is very useful to draw toxins out of the body. To prevent further dehydration drink water with lemon juice before bath.
- Mix powdered ginger 3 tablespoons or peeled and grated ginger ½ cup in your hot water bathtub.
- Stir it nicely and soak in about 15 to 30 minutes.
- After taking the bath, rinse off with plain water.
19. (Ginger) with Lemon and Cayenne Pepper
- Take cayenne pepper ¼ teaspoon, fresh ginger juice ½ teaspoon, fresh lemon juice ½ teaspoon, and honey then mix it.
- Stir the mixture well and consume two times a day.
20. (Ginger) with Coconut Water
Coconut provides vital nutrients.and re-hydrates
- Take peeled and minced ginger root 1 teaspoon and mix in a glass of coconut water.
- Stir well and drink it.
- To reduce diarrhea drink this mixture 3 times a day.
21. (Ginger) with Lemon and Black Salt
- Take lemon juice and fresh ginger juice 1 teaspoon each, and black salt 1 large pinch mix all in a glass of water.
- Drink this mixture for diarrhea cure.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times on daily basis.
22. (Ginger) with Chamomile
- Take peeled and minced ginger root 1 tablespoon and stir in 2 cups boil water.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chamomile tea leaves 1 teaspoon.
- Let it to steep 5 minutes after removing from heat.
- Strain and then drink.
- Repeat this 3 times every day.
23. (Ginger) with Black Salt and Mint Leaves
- Take one inch fresh ginger root peel and mince it.
- Then crush 8 to 10 mint leaves.
- Take a glass of water and mix minced ginger and crushed mint leaves into it along with a pinch of black salt and then drink it.
- Drink this 3 times a day.
24. (Ginger) with Holy Basil and Orange
- Take 10 basil leaves, 2 peeled oranges and 1 inch fresh ginger root and blend it.
- Now add it to ½ cup of water and put a pinch of black salt in it.
- Drink this 3 times everyday.
25. (Ginger) with Yogurt, Curry Leaves, and Carom Seeds
- Take one cup of rice and cook it.
- On medium flame heat olive oil.
- Add peeled grated ginger root 1 tablespoon, carom seeds ½ teaspoon, and 5 to 7 curry leaves keep stirring until fried.
- Mix ginger of and plain Greek yogurt ¼ cup stir fry into rice and then eat.
- Eat two times a day.
Tips and Precautions:
- If you are taking any blood thinner medicines consult your doctor before using it, because ginger is also a blood thinner.
- Use the ginger as mentioned quantities to avoid upset stomach, sore throat and burping.
- Ginger also lowers blood sugar level.
- To get maximum benefits use fresh ginger if possible.
- Don’t consume any ginger right before an medical operation.
- If you have any problems like diabetes , any heart conditions, bleeding disorders, or suffer from gallstones then before any ginger treatment consult your doctor.
- If you are Pregnant or nursing then before using ginger as treatment consult your doctor.
- Be careful not to give and ginger remedies to children under the age of two years.
- Don’t exceed the dosage 4 grams a day.
- If ginger interact with other over the counter medicines you taking consult your doctor.
- To reduces likelihood of motion sickness take fresh ginger root 1 teaspoon or 2000mg ginger capsule 12 hours before travel .
- Try to make fresh ale of ginger at home.
- If you are not getting any benefit from ginger consult your doctor.
And finally if you tried any of these remedies dont forget to share your experience with us and others to benefit from.